Look who's back again today
:D I'm tired and bored and it's raining outside so I decided to write
something. Well, I haven't written anything these few days sooo today I decided
to write something even if it's short. And I decided to write a one-shot original
story.
By the way, I'm sorry for all the
wrong spellings and grammar because I'm still learning to write properly in
English and fyi, I'm learning all of it by myself since I moved out from
Jakarta. So yeah *shrug* Please leave some comments and..... just share your
thoughts about this, okay? Constructive comments are always welcomed and
appreciated :D
Here we go!:
The wind blew pretty heavily as it started
to rain outside. The girl who's sitting in front of her laptop turned her head
to look out at the street and sighed heavily. She stood up and walked towards
the window, breathing heavily as her head and eyes started to feel heavy. She
hasn't had enough sleep these last few days. She had a lot of assignments to do
and final exams are chasing her. She turned her heels and walked towards her
bed so she could lay on it and enjoy the cool air that came out from the air
conditioner. The soft and slow music that blasted through the speaker of her
laptop made her to feel calm.
"Run!!!" she shouted
and ran with her 2 friends as her other friends started to run towards her,
trying to catch her. They were laughing and enjoying the summer sun that shined
brightly.
"Okay, Chlo, stop it now.
I'm tired," the girl with blond hair said as she stopped running and
sitting on the pavement. Chloe stopped running as well and gave her friend an
odd look.
"You're tired? Oh, come on,
Kris! It's nothing like running marathon. Right, Lou?" Chloe said and
turned to look at Louise at the end. Louise, the guy with jet black hair,
nodded and sat on the pavement, next to Kris.
"By the way, do you have
any foods? I'm starving," Louise said with an innocent smile to
Chloe.
"You're always
starving," The other guy with short, messy, brown hair said to Louise and
smacked the back of Louise's head, "My Mom made some cupcakes. Come with
me if you want," Bobby said and crossed the street, walking to his house.
Chloe opened her eyes and stared
aimlessly at the ceiling. The color of brown seemed so dull after all this
time. The last time she checked, she remembered that everything seemed so
perfect. The color of the ceiling never seemed so dull. The painting of her and
friends never seemed so fade. But today, it's different. Every time she looked
around, she felt like everything has changed.
"What could change in a matter
of a few months?" she asked to herself and shut her eyes again, drowning
herself in her own thoughts.
Chloe waved at her family and
smiled at them as she walked towards them with a proud smile on her face,
"Can you believe it? I just graduated!" She said happily as she
reached her family. She hugged each of her parents and her big brother.
"I'm thinking to go out with
you today, but-"
"I can't." She cut her
brother's words and gave him an apologetic smile, "I have plans with Kris,
Louise, and Bobby tonight."
"I tell you once again to
not go to a party and go home before the curfew. Well, you know the rules, right?
Tell Louise to drive very carefully. I don't want bad things happen to you and
the others," her father rambled and Chloe smiled warmly at him.
"I got it, Dad. Don't
worry," she put her hands on her father's shoulder and pulled him in a
quick hug, "I'm going to catch up with them. I'll see you later,
'kay?"
"Okay, hun. Be home before
dinner so we can talk," her mother shouted at her as Chloe walked towards
the group of her friends that chatted happily near the gym.
She put on her jacket and walked
out of her room and to the balcony of her small apartment. Living alone was
hard for her. She used to live with her family and had her friends around her.
The wind that blew through her as she sat on the wooden chair made her to
shiver. She looked at the gray sky as she took a deep breath. Then she darted
away her gaze to look at the crowded street of L.A. She wondered why people
like to go out on such rainy days. She shut her eyes and took another deep
breath before letting her mind to play another scene of her past.
"I can't believe we
actually did this. 4 years seemed too short for me," Louise said as he
looked straight at the sky that full of stars. The 4 best friends decided to
spend their night at the park, just talking and laughing about anything they've
been through all this time.
"Yeah. And now, in a few
weeks, we all will go to separate ways. I hate to do this but I have no
choice," Bobby spoke up with a loud sigh.
"We all hate to do it, but
we all have to," Chloe corrected, "You're going to NYU, Louise's
going to Harvard, missy Kristina here is going to Oxford, and I'm going to
UCLA. Well, we're so dysfunctional," she added with a slight laugh.
"I don't want you guys
forget about me. Please promise me that we will never forget about each other
and this friendship will never end just because lack of communications,"
Kris butted in as she sat up from the blanketed grass with tears welling up in
her blue eyes.
"We promise," her
other 3 friends said in unison, sitting up, and pulled her in a comforting hug,
"We will never forget about each other. Our beautiful friendship will
never end. We will be always together, no matter what happen. I can guarantee
that," Chloe said in a small voice as a tear fell down to her
cheeks.
She could feel her eyes starting to
watered as she let her mind playing some scenes from her past. She blinked her
eyes a few times to hold back the tears that were about to fall down. She
smiled bravely to herself and took a few deep breaths to calm herself. When she
was about to stand up, the bell rang. She frowned at herself and made her way
to the front door. Taking a few deep breaths again, she finally opened the
door.
"Happy birthday!" 3
people stood outside the door with a bright smile on their face. The first guy
with black hair had a silly grin on his face and a bag on his hands. The other
guy with brown hair had a very wide smile and a small cake with a few candles
on its top on his hand. The only girl with blond hair stood there with thick
photo album on her hand, weighing her messenger bag. Chloe smiled so widely at
the scene of this. She blinked her eyes a few times to make sure that this was
real. And she was right. This was real.
"Oh my gosh. What the hell are
you guys doing here?!" She asked in disbelief tone and pulled her 3 best friends
that she hasn’t seen in 4 months in a group hug.
"We're here to give you a
surprise. We all planned to not text, call, e-mail you on your birthday. Well,
even all of us didn't say happy birthday to you on your birthday. So... here we
are." Bobby explained. He was right. None of them said happy birthday to
Chloe on her birthday two days ago. Chloe could have sworn that it was her
worst birthday.
"We're sorry for that. We
didn't say birthday to you by phone because we all wanted to say it in
person." Kris added.
"So... happy late birthday,
Chloe," Louise said and smiled to her, "Okay, now make a wish and
blow the candles." He instructed to Chloe who was still frozen on the
doorway.
With a smile, Chloe closed her eyes
and started to make a wish. When she finished, she opened her eyes and blew the
candles. Her friends clapped their hands happily and congratulated her a 'happy
late birthday' once again.
"Come on in. We have to catch
up!" Chloe said happily and moved aside so her friends could come in. As
she shut the door, she led her friends to the small lounge and started to talk
and laugh about some things. They ate the cake together, talked about their
live ever since they went to college, laughed at some stupid lame jokes, etc.
Chloe couldn't wipe the smile off of her face. The only thing she wanted at the
moment was being with her best friends after a pretty long time of not seeing
each other and lack of communications because all of them were busy with
assignments and such. But in that moment, Chloe didn't have to worry anymore
because they're all with her. All she could is just enjoy every single moment
with them and forget about the others. Nothing even matters to her whenever
she's with her friends.
No comments:
Post a Comment