Saturday, February 25, 2012

#FixYou Part 1


Fix You
Part 1: Leaving.
I opened my eyes and sighed loudly, silently glancing at the air that came out from my mouth. The view in front of me is so breath taking for some people, but not for me. I didn't really get it how they like river so much and not beach. But I still go to this place when I need time to think though. This place is the only place I can be calm for a while.
My mind was racing, my heart was beating so fast, but my face was blank. There were a lot of things in my mind that I couldn't say it to anyone, not even my brothers or my best friend. I usually share every thing on my mind to them, but now, I can't.
"Why are you here? You're supposed to be home. Dad will kill us if he knows that we're not home above the curfew." I turned around and saw one of my brothers, Cory, walking towards me.
"I was just from the coffee shop." I answered shortly, "And by the way, Dad won't kill us because he still hasn't home either. He's still at the office, having a farewell party with his co-workers til midnight. So it's only Mom and Claire at home."
"She called me earlier to pick you up from the coffee shop and that Cody is already home. Now let's go because it's cold out here and we have a flight to catch tomorrow." I shrugged my shoulders and followed him to his car.
"Where have you been?" I asked as I slid in to the passenger seat and put my bag on the ground. We buckled up before Cory pulled back from the parking lot and drove to home.
"Ronald's. We hung out for the last time with some of my college friends. By the way, what are you doing at the coffee shop?" He asked back as he focused on the road.
"Just thinking." I answered shortly and tightened my grip on my own coat, "So, we're actually leaving, huh?" I have asked this question so many times to him and Cody, but they still keep answering me.
"Hard to believe it, but, yeah." He said and glanced at me for a split second.
"Why we even moved from the states a few years ago if in the end we're moving back to the states again? I have started to start a new page here but now I have to leave it and start from the start all over again in a new place."
"We do this for Claire this time." Cory stated calmly and I sunk in my seat, "you know we just want to do the best for her. We don't know how-"\
"Don't say that." I cut his words, "There has to be a miracle." I added in a small voice. Cory sighed loudly and reached my right hand with his left one. He squeezed it, mentally telling myself to calm.
"We're gonna make this year unforgettable for all of us. This is gonna be the best year ever. I promise that." Cory said, turning to see me for a split second, and smiled confidently.
"I hope so." That’s all I could say before deciding to just shut my mouth for the rest of the car ride to home.
When I got at home, the lights were still on. I got out of the car and walked in to the house, suddenly feeling weird when I realized that the house was half empty because a lot of stuff has been shipped to America, “Kelsey? Is that you?”
“Yeah. It’s me.” I walked to the family room and saw Mom sitting on the couch with Cody, “Sorry for coming home late. I shouldn’t have too caught up on talking with Elise.”
“Nah, it’s fine. You’re about to turn 18, and I trust you. I know you won’t do something stupid.” Mom said casually and smiled softly at me.
“Um, I think I’m gonna go to bed now. We have a flight to catch tomorrow.” I smiled half-heartedly and stood awkwardly on my spot, “Goodnight, Mom, Cody.” I spun my heels and walked to upstairs, to my room. Again, I was kind of surprised when I realized that my room was almost empty. There were no posters and photos on the wall again, the bookshelf was half empty, my desk was clear, and my dresser was already empty, leaving the clothes I’m going to wear tomorrow on the armchair.
I put my bag on the desk and sat on the edge of my bed, thinking how things could change so fast in my life. 
So, I've been writing fan fiction lately and............ it's about Big Time Rush. lol. By the way, let me know what you guys think of this. Thanks :)

1 comment:

  1. Hey lela! i know you've been writing for long time, but this is my second time reading your story after btr ff! and after all i can say that YOU'RE AN AMAZING WRITER FOR YOUR AGE!
    keep me up for the next chapter! xoxo

    ReplyDelete