Fix You
Part 2: Meeting
“No, Cody. You don’t have to. We have lived here for
two years now. Why are you freaking out about me so much? I’m already 20, Cody.”
I said to the phone and rolled my eyes in annoyance. I could hear Cody talking
with another person about something, “Cody, are you even listening to me?” I
asked tiredly.
“Huh? Yeah. I’m still here.” He’s lying. I knew he
didn’t listen to me. He was talking with somebody when I talked to him, “Can
you please just get here? The meeting starts in a few minutes.”
“Well, I’m not sure if I can get there on time. I
don’t bring my scooter and it looks like it’s gonna rain outside. Maybe I can
get there on time if you or Cory or somebody pick me up-“ then I realized that
he already hung up the phone. I shoved my phone back into my jeans pocket and got
up from my seat. I walked out of Starbuck before it could start to rain.
I kept telling myself that Columbia Records office is
like 3 blocks away from here. There’s no way that I can get there on time for
the meeting. Well, maybe I can get there on time if I have my scooter with me,
but I didn’t! When I was still walking to the office and only 1 block away, the
rain started to pour down.
“Great.” I said sarcastically under my breath. I
pulled on my hoodie and continued to walk to the office in the middle of the
rain. I’m pretty sure they wouldn’t like to have me in the meeting room with
them because my clothes were soaking wet, but… I’m so gonna blame Cody for
this.
When I walked in to the big, glass building, the
security gave me an old look. But when I turned to see him and pulled off my
hoodie, he just smiled and let me in. The girl behind the reception desk was giving
me the same look but I ignored it and just asked, “I’m here for a meeting
with-“
“Kelsey! There you are!” I turned my head and saw my
other brother, Cory, walking towards me with his phone glued on his hand, “The
others are waiting for you! Geez, the meeting is already started.” The lady
rolled her eyes at me and I just shot her a look. She’s so gonna be fired if I
told her boss about her behavior.
I followed Cory to the elevator, “Where have you been
and why are you soaking wet like this? I thought you’re only going to
Starbucks.”
“Apparently, Starbucks is 3
blocks away from here and when I talked with your twin on the phone, he didn’t
listen and hang up on me. Tell him to show her little sister some respect. It’s
disrespectful to hang up on someone when you know that he or she is still
talking to you.” I rambled and rolled my eyes in annoyance again.
“I’ll tell him that. You can
count on me, lil’ sis.” Cory said and chuckled, “By the way, are you ready for
this?” he turned to see me and smiled.
I only shrugged my shoulders
and said, “Let’s rock.” Cory laughed slightly at me and messed with my hair. We
got out of the elevator and walked towards the meeting room. Cory took a deep
breath before opening the door.
Everybody’s eyes were on
us—but mostly on me because I was the one who looked inappropriate—as we stood
in the doorway, “Kelsey? What happened to you?” Brad, our manager, was the
first one who spoke up. I just realized that they have stopped talking right
after Cory opened the door.
“It’s a long story. I’ll tell
you later about it.” I answered and my eyes scanned all around the room. There
were, like, a dozen of people here! And their eyes were all on me, looking at
me from head to toe.
“Um, gentlemen, this is Kelsey
Roberts, one of the vocalists of Roberts and Company,” Brad introduced me and I just
waved awkwardly, “Kelsey, Cory, have a seat. We have to get this meeting
going.” News flash; I didn’t even know what things we’re going to talk in this
meeting. Cody just said that I need to get here because we have meeting with
the label.
I didn’t really pay attention
on what everybody was saying. To be honest, I was completely pissed, tired, and
cold. I mean, I just walked in the rain so I could get to this meeting on time,
but actually I was late. That was pretty dumb.
After about two hours, the
meeting’s over. Everybody left the room, except 4 guys that were sitting across
me. I could feel one of them—the tall, blonde guy—still giving me a weird look.
I know I looked like a mess, but please, stop making me feel even worse than I
already was.
“Incase you didn’t listen,
we’re gonna be their opening act on their tour for next 3 months.” Brad spoke
up as he stood beside me, “They’re Big Time Rush.” I combed my hair with my
fingers and pulled them up in a messy ponytail. I totally didn’t care how I
look today in front of them.
“I know who they are. Claire
watched their show all the time. She can’t stop laughing and grinning the whole
time.” I spoke up as the Big Time Rush guys approached me, “I’m Kelsey, by the
way. Sorry for coming late and showing up like this. Who knows it would be
raining out there and your brother would hang up on you?” I turned to see Cody
and gave him a hard look, making the guys to laugh slightly at my words.
“I don’t know it would be raining!
I thought Cory would pick you up…” he defended and I just sighed, before
turning to see the BTR guys again.
“It’s a pleasure to finally
meet you. Well, you don’t look that bad, though.” The tallest guy—that I knew
as James—spoke up and smiled softly.
“By the way, you have a nice
shirt. I’m pretty sure my friend will like it.” The Latino said—it’s
Carlos—that made me look down at my shirt. Oh of course their friend will like
it. I was wearing one of my Giant Creature shirts.
“I like his shirts.” I stated
simply, “By the way, I’m looking forward to get on tour with you guys. I’m
pretty sure it’s going to be awesome.”
“Well, they’re gonna have one
girl that’s going to freak out when she sees them in the bus.” Cory added and I
just rolled my eyes playfully, “It’s our litte sister.”
“You?” the brown haired guy
with dimples—Logan—asked and gave me a questioning look.
“No! It’s Claire, our youngest
sister. Don’t worry, she’s only 10 years old.” I added quickly and grinned at
them.
“Who’s up for some lunch?
We’re going to In-N-Out.” Cory spoke up and looked at us. He had my blue sports
bag over his shoulder and I just gave him a questioning look.
“You can’t let me have lunch
in these clothes, unless you want me to get sick and not go on tour with you.”
I told him and gestured to the wet clothes I wore, “and why are you carrying my
sports bag?”
“Do you remember that you left
your sports bag in my car yesterday? I’m sure you have some clean clothes in
it.” Cory said again and gave the sports bag to me.
“Okay, then, I’m in. I guess
we’ll meet at the resto, eh? I need to talk with Cory and Cody for a while. You
know…” I trailed off and gave Brad a look. He seemed to understand because he
only sighed and led the others out of the room.
“We’ll see you there!” The blonde—Kendall—said
and gave me a small wave.
I waved back at him before
turning to see my brothers, “We have to talk. But before that, let me change my
clothes first.” We walked out of the meeting room. Cody and Cory waited in the
hallway while I changed my clothes in the toilet. I changed into my grey
sweatpants, a white t-shirt, and grey hoodie. I actually wanted to change my
wet, grey sneakers into my rainbow flip-flops but… it only made me look more
inappropriate. The other guys were something nice and casual but look good… and
then there’s me wearing sweatpants and hoodies like I just got out of a gym or
woke up.
“Let’s go.” I got of the toilet and tossed Cory my sports
bag, “So, will one of you tell me about the things we talked in the meeting? I
didn’t really pay attention.”
“So, Big Time Rush is having
their first headlining tour, and we’re gonna be their opening act for a few
cities. As we have planned before, we’re thinking to bring Claire with us and
they’re okay with it. I have talked with Mom and Dad about it too. They said
they wanted the best for Claire, so they allowed us to bring her.” Cory
explained.
“What about the treatment? We
know that she should be getting checked during the tour.” I spoke up.
“Mom already took care of it.
Don’t worry about it, Kelsey. I promise that this would turn out great. We’re
gonna make her so happy by bringing her to go on tour with her favorite band.”
Cody slung his arm around my shoulder casually and kissed my hair.
“I hope so.” That’s all I
could say as we walked out of the building and to the parking lot. I got in to
the back seat of Cory’s car and went silent for the rest of car ride to the resto.
I was only messing around with my phone and looking through the pictures I have
in it. When I was in the middle of messing around, Cody’s phone rang.
“It’s Dad. He probably wants
to talk with you.” Cody said and handed his phone to me. I put my phone aside
and answered the call.
“Hey, Dad.” I answered
casually.
“Oh, hey, kiddo.” I hated it
when he called me kiddo, but sometimes it just sounded so right somehow, “How’s
your day going? Did the meeting go well?”
“Well, my day went pretty bad
because I had to walk in the rain just because I wanted to get to the office on
time. And, the meeting went pretty well. I got to meet the guys I’m going tour
with for next few months. Now I’m on my way to In-N-Out to have lunch with the
crews.” I explained to him.
“Why did you walk in the rain?
Didn’t one of the twins pick you up?”
“Unfortunately, they didn’t.
But it doesn’t matter, I survived though.” I smiled slightly, “Is Claire there?”
“Yeah, she’s here with me. So,
I told her that she’s going to go on tour with you and she sounded so excited. She
can’t wait to see you and the twins performing on stage. But mostly, she can’t
wait to know who you’re going tour with.” Hm, I guessed he hasn’t told her that
we’re going on tour with BTR.
“That’s great. I’m sure she
will have a lot of fun.”
“Yeah, I thought so too.” Then
there was a silence, “I’ll call you later, okay? See ya, Kelsey. Love you.”
“Love you too, Dad.” We hung
up and I handed the phone back to Cody. I leaned on the back of my seat and
sighed in relief. The tour starts in a few days and Claire’s coming with us. I thought
it was a bad idea at first, but Mom convinced me to bring her. A lot of bad
thoughts started to cross my mind but I shook them off and took a deep breath. I
wish everything’s gonna be alright.
No comments:
Post a Comment